Friday, November 18, 2011

Nail polish rings!










Hi guys! No nails this time, though they're currently looking lovely with Zoya's Trixie.

I got bored the other night and rooted around my mom's jewelery and crafting supplies, where I found some glass cabochons. I remember seeing nail polish jewelry on etsy before, and I thought hey, I could do that. It was so easy! I just picked a color, painted the back, sealed it, and attached it to a ring base with a super strong epoxy. These are test rings to see how well they wear, but I might make some more when I order different settings.. I just had these lying around so it's what I used(I love huge rings lol). The red is Barielle's Elle's Spell, which I think looks stunning.. it's so deep and catches the light wonderfully. The aqua is the new version of Sinful's Nail Junkie, which also catches the light beautifully.

What do you think.. keep experimenting with different settings and colors?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! How many coats of Nail Junkie did you use? I love that freakin color. And when you say new version, how new is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonoma:
    I used three coats I believe! I'm not sure how new it is.. all I know is in the bottle, it appears darker and more sparkly, with more larger glitter than the older Nail Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making my own nail polish rings too! Yours are beautiful! I have yet to post pics of mine but plan to soon! Beautiful rings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you! I will keep an eye out for Nail Junkie and see if it looks different than the one I have. I love both of these beautiful rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! You picked really great colors for the rings. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, I love the red one! Deffo start making these! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These rings are great! What did you use to seal them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love any comments, questions, or feedback, and try my best to respond! Please be courteous and don't spam or repeatedly link back to your own blog or website. :)