Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beware the kraken!



I love tentacled creatures.. octopi, squid, sea monsters, they're all so neat. I've been wanting to do a tentacle mani and finally got around to it. I used Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe as my base and I'm so happy I did.. it looks very seawater-y, doesn't it? I like it. And since I'm on a glow kick, the tentacles glow in the dark too! I wish I could get a picture of it, but it never turns out when I try.

I really, really want to try doing a 3d version of this someday.. I think it'd look so cool. Anyway, that's all for me tonight! :)

Colors:
Sinful Colors, Cloud 9
China Glaze, Peachy Keen
Sally Hansen, Yellow Kitty
Sally Hansen, Cherry Red
Pure Ice, Wild Thing
Sally Hansen, Going Green
Pure Ice, glow polish
Deborah Lippmann, Across the Universe

14 comments:

  1. I love this, so perfect :)
    I'd love to know you you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do this with regular nail polish? It is not as forgiving as acrylic paint. Wow, I am just amazed. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't but agree with Sonoma Bento; I'm utterly stunned that you managed to pull this off with polish. So bloody fantastic!
    (And how could anyone not love tentacles? ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! So perfect and clean too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I love your tentacles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! :)

    I actually find polish easier to deal with in most cases.. the acrylic paint I have isn't the best and it's too fluid and not as opaque as I'd like. Polish is usually very opaque and thicker and I just find it easier to control and get precise details.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love any comments, questions, or feedback, and try my best to respond! Please be courteous and don't spam or repeatedly link back to your own blog or website. :)